Online & In-Person: Kalki King Empowerment and Retreat
The Empowerment is on Saturday June 11. Translation is available for the weekend but is to be determined for the retreat.
- South Africa – Register here
- Bhutanese Register Here (English & Znongkha)
- 中文 (Traditional Chinese)
- 中文 (Simplified Chinese)
- Deutsche (Germany, Switzerland, Austria)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Español (Puerto Rico, Spain and South America)
- Italiano (italy)
- Magyar (Hungary)
- Portuguese (Brasil & Portugal)
- Română (Romania)
We are incredibly fortunate that Rinpoche will reveal this mind terma and bestow for the first time the First Kalki King Empowerment in the Kalachakra Kalapa Center. This is a rare opportunity for establishing a direct connection with the Kalkis. Rinpoche will also give an introductory teaching and a Q&A session after the empowerment. The sessions after the empowerment will be guided by his senior students.
“In general we say that the Kalki Kings are inseparable from the 8 great bodhisattvas and the 10 wrathful dakas. They are incredibly powerful. For me, the Shambhala kings are much more special because of their particular connection with our own world. The bodhisattvas and dakas possess a subtle body form, like a body of a being of the god realm, and so, only some individuals can connect with them. But the Shambhala Kings and Kalkis appeared in Shambhala as human beings, so that many people could benefit through connecting with them. And, of course, they manifest themselves not as an ordinary human being, but as an exceptional, extraordinary human being.
I have been dedicating myself intensively to prepare for this empowerment. I feel a strong connection with the Kalkis and I have no doubt that they are the greatest hope of our world for the manifestation of the Second Golden Age of Peace and Harmony.” (Khentrul Rinpoche)
ABOUT THE KALKI KINGS OF SHAMBHALA
The Kalki Kings are the Dharma Kings of the Sublime Realm of Shambhala who were able to skillfully unite their entire realm through the Kalachakra teachings. Their effort went much more beyond only alleviating biased differences like races, conflicting religious approaches, classes etc. They helped propagate and make the Kalachakra teachings in such a way, that their realm transformed into a pure Bodhisattva realm, happy and peaceful, where spiritual practice flourishes. Differently from wordly kings which are focused on protecting and expanding their territories, the Kalkis are Kings of the dharma, bodhisattva beings who manifest as great leaders out of their compassion and wisdom.
SPECIAL SAKA DAWA BLESSING OF THE CENTER FOR THE GOLDEN AGE
On the special day of Saka Dawa recognizing the birth, enlightenment and Parinirvana of Shakyamuni, Rinpoche will make offerings and re-consecrate the land for it to bring about the Golden Age of Peace and Harmony. Participants can raise prayer flags and celebrate with a Kalachakra Tsok on this merit multiplying day of 300 million.
WHO IS THIS FOR or HOW TO PREPARE MYSELF?
There are no prerequisites at all. It is suitable for all levels of practitioners. If you want to prepare yourself, you can do the online course Introduction to the Ngöndro available at our learning center. If you are already practicing dharma, you may benefit from the oral commentaries Rinpoche gave about his Shambhala prayers; they can be accessed in his official Youtube Channel. For knowing more about Shambhala and the Kalki Kings, we suggest the book “The Realm of Shambhala” by Rinpoche.
Friday 10th Introductory Public Teaching:
The Kalki Kings of Shambhala and the Manifestation of Peace & Harmony in our own Planet
11th Saturday: First Kalki King EMPOWERMENT
12th – 13th Shambhala Practice & Golden Age Aspirations, Practice Sessions + Q&A with Rinpoche
14th: Saka Dawa flag raising and blessing of the land for the Retreat center to manifest the Golden age on this 300 Million Merit Multiplying Day
June 15 – Departure after breakfast
HOW THE ONLINE EMPOWERMENT WILL WORK
1) Register for each attendee that will be receiving the empowerment. You will be added to the course on learn.dzokden.org
2) You must receive the empowerment online in real-time. We do not record the empowerments. Before the empowerment, you will receive information on some simple supplies you should get to help make the experience as authentic as possible. If you are not able to get them all don’t worry. They are symbolic and you can still receive the empowerment. More important you must understand what is happening. Just attending an empowerment does not mean you receive it. You must know what is going on. To ensure everyone will receive the empowerment, Rinpoche will kindly make his instruction booklet available to you as an eBook so you can follow along so you know exactly what is happening. You are not allowed to share this program book with anyone else or give them access to the empowerment. This is private for your personal use. Rinpoche typically gives the eBook out the night before but if this is a technical problem for you (you can’t read an eBook and be on zoom at the same time) please indicate on the registration form so we can work to accommodate you.
3) You will receive access to the zoom for each of the sessions.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Khentrul RinpocheNon-Sectarian Master of Kalachakra
Khentrul Rinpoché Jamphel Lodrö is the founder and spiritual director of Dzokden. Rinpoche is the author of Unveiling Your Sacred Truth, The Great Middle Way: Clarifying the Jonang View of Other-Emptiness, A Happier Life, and The Hidden Treasure of the Profound Path.
Rinpoche spent the first 20 years of his life herding yak and chanting mantras on the plateaus of Tibet. Inspired by the bodhisattvas, he left his family to study in a variety of monasteries under the guidance of over twenty-five masters in all the Tibetan Buddhist traditions. Due to his non-sectarian approach, he earned himself the title of Rimé (unbiased) Master and was identified as the reincarnation of the famous Kalachakra Master Ngawang Chözin Gyatso. While at the core of his teachings is the recognition that there is great value in the diversity of all spiritual traditions found in this world; he focuses on the Jonang-Shambhala tradition. Kalachakra (wheel of time) teachings contain profound methods to harmonize our external environment with the inner world of body and mind, ultimately bringing about the golden age of peace and harmony (dzokden).