Dzokden uses technology to support our social missions. Multilingual websites, learning portals, and social media platforms form the public facing properties. Behind these exist a vibrant community of volunteers who rely on customized web apps and primarily open source platforms to translate dharma materials, as well as various tools to coordinate events on multiple continents and engage with each other. These services are run on cloud based platforms using a mix of open source, commercial products, and integrations. There are new projects requiring the well planned gathering of requirements and implementing technical solutions which follow best practices and can quickly meet evolving needs of the community. As a core developer you would be responsible for being part of the technical team that manages, evolves, and shapes all aspects of this environment and helps build our global community.
- Support front and back end development, deployment, monitoring, and management of web applications, sites, and services.
- Assist in maintaining Linux infrastructure.
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving across dev/prod environments.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes.
- Collaborate with web devs, translators, and other teams to ensure new and existing environments meet requirements and troubleshoot issues in prod.
- Work with senior architects to define and implement the technical roadmap.
- Maintain outstanding operations documentation on systems, apps, and environments. This is required.
- Troubleshoot complex problems without ability to escalate
- Be comfortable with front/back-end languages, development frameworks, open source tools, and integration with commercial tools and APIs
- Attend online dev team meetings, use task management tools, and participate with others regularly.
- Minimum 5 years experience with LAMP/node/java or similar stacks
- Knowledge of front and back-end languages (node, PHP, Python, ruby), dev frameworks, and Apache/Nginx admin, modules, and security.
- Demonstrated understanding of web security topics (sqli, xsrf, common vulnerabilities and attack vectors) and use of tools and best practices to address them.
- WordPress install, config, debug, security and site admin
- Fluent in linux command line environments
- Willingness to take on previously developed websites/applications and update/maintain them
- Git based workflows including branches, merge reviews, repo and user management
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated analytical and coding skills and problem solving methodology.
- Managing AWS/GCP resources with command line and web tools
- DNS management (record updates, registrar migrations) and troubleshooting (dig, etc.)
- Web site performance metrics and analysis, CDN setup and monitoring
- Knowledge of mod_sec and WAF rules, ability to troubleshoot and modify appropriately.
- Network layers, diagnostic tools (tcpdump, wireshark) and troubleshooting
- Familiarly with cgroups and use for resource mgmt
- Experience supporting WHM/Cpanel users/resellers
- Gitlab runner deployment and use of shell and docker executors
- Configuring git web hooks and listeners
- Use of Ansible or similar cfg mgmt tools
- Familiarity with document and content management/repository frameworks (eXist, Alfresco, etc.)
- Ability to determine API schemes, interact with language bindings, and integrate services and workflows using their APIs
- Good presenter and able to assist training basic and advanced users in workflows and tools.